Level 4 Strength & Conditioning course outline
During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- The role of a strength and conditioning coach as part of an athlete’s support team.
- Methods of carrying out performance-related needs analysis, measurements and assessments.
- Strategies to analyse and evaluate assessment findings in order to be able to develop and agree short-, medium- and long-term performance goals.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating periodised, performance-related strength and conditioning programmes.
Empiric are excited to be launching our brand new and exciting Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training with the renowned UK Awarding Body Active IQ.
We have added more face to face learning days to the course to provide a more enriched experience for our students and have included a new and invaluable module of study, Personal Training Business skills.
Empiric will not only assist you to become fully qualified personal trainer with an Internationally recognised certificate but also assist in your future career depending on the path you wish to take.
The following link details the all the countries the personal training qualification is recognised in.
L3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Internationally recognised (Active IQ UK)
- International Confederation of Register of Exercise Professionals Accredited
- Includes the Level 2 Gym Instructor course
- 12 face to face learning days and printed resources
- How to activate weak muscles
- Dedicated Tutor support for individuals during self directed learning
- Assessment is via practical formative/summative assessments and invigilated theory papers
The Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management, delivered by award-winning fitness training provider, Empiric, is an essential stepping stone for aspiring facility managers in the fitness industry.
This is a YMCA Awards qualification for individuals who want to work in management roles in the Active Leisure Sector, including in gyms, health clubs and sports facilities.
During the four-day face-to-face course, participants will learn:
- Understanding the active leisure sector
- Health, safety and welfare in sport and leisure facilities
- How to lead a team
- How to promote customer care
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Financial procedures
- How to deliver objectives through the work of an active leisure team
- How to supervise facility maintenance
- How to market services and products to customers
- How to operate a swimming pool plant
This course is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals in the UK and UAE, and carries 16 CPD points for REPs UAE membership.
This one-day training course gives qualified fitness professionals the opportunity to become certified Kettlebell coaches…
boost their professional skills and grow their client base by offering this hugely popular form of functional training.
Kettlebells course outline
On this one-day Kettlebell course you will learn:
- How to perform the different types of Kettlebell movements
- How to prepare with the correct warm up and muscle activation for each movement
- How to incorporate Kettlebells into an individual’s training programme
- How to apply correction and what to look for during each type of exercise
- How to activate weak muscles, and how to reduce the risk of injury when lifting
- How to coach, teach and educate clients on each lift with confidence
- How to identify posture and flexibility issues
- How to improve ROM and sports performance
Kettlebells course assessment
Assessment involves a practical assessment and a written exam.
This course is REPs UAE accredited, and carries 10 CPD points towards REPs UAE membership.
Empiric’s Lower Back Pain training course in Dubai combines the Active IQ L3 Exercise Referral qualification with the Level 4 Certificate in Exercise for the Management of Lower Back Pain.
This is an all-round qualification for personal trainers and exercise professionals who want to offer specialist training to those suffering from Lower Back Pain.
Lower back back is a highly common complaint, and chronic lower back pain can be a debilitating condition to live with. This course is perfect for experienced fitness instructors wishing to further their career in the health and fitness sector as a specialist instructor who can address the needs of clients with low back pain.
It prepares personal trainers to deal with the referral condition of lower back pain. Learners will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of clients with low back pain, and support them to change their physical activity and lifestyle behaviours to aid in the management of chronic non-specific low back pain.
Level 4 Certificate in Exercise for the Management of Lower Back Pain
- To develop an understanding of the prevalence and classification of low back pain
- To be able to determine health risks associated with low back pain • To understand the contributing factors that lead to the development of different types of low back pain
- To apply appropriate training approaches to plan and design physical activity and exercise programmes for clients with chronic non-specific low back pain
- To understand how chronic non-specific low back pain, medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbidities affect client’s ability to exercise safely and effectively
- To be able to support clients to adopt healthier lifestyle behaviours as part of a programme to manage chronic non-specific low back pain Progression
Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral
The Level 3 Exercise Referral course is a pre-requisite for the Lower Back Pain course, so Empiric is offering a combined dual qualification. If you already hold the L3 in Exercise Referral, you do not need to attend this part of the course.
- To enable learners to design and agree a safe and effective programme for patients with a range of common referral conditions
- To enable learners to deliver, review and adapt a programme for patients with a range of common referral conditions
The combined course is worth 10 UAE REPs points.
The learner will be able to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work with pre and post natal clients in an unsupervised manner.
There will be a focus on the considerations for safe and effective exercise and how to plan and adapt exercise for these particular clients.
Learners will cover:
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification
- The physical changes which take place during the ante and post natal periods
- The benefits of exercise/physical activity for ante and post natal women
- How to support ante and post natal clients in exercise
- The contra-indications to exercise for ante and post natal clients
- How to manage risks in ante and post natal exercise sessions
- The nutritional requirements for the ante and post natal period
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise programme for ante and post natal clients
- How to screen ante and post natal clients prior to planning an exercise programme
- How to plan an exercise programme for ante and post natal clients
Skills relating to the qualification
- Plan client programmes for ante and post natal exercise